August 6, 2020
Dear San Altos Families and Community Members:
I am writing with an update about the start of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Our first day of school for students is now August 26th!
- All students will begin in a full distance learning phase (virtual) due to the fact that San Diego County is still on the State’s monitoring list for excessive COVID19 infection rates.
- We will provide a 4-week advance notice to families, when it is safe to return to in-person instruction at the school site.
- The district is prepared to provide a Chromebook for EVERY Lemon Grove student!
- We are also able to facilitate home internet access if you do not currently have access to the internet.
- We will not be providing “packets” of worksheets as the mode of instruction for the 2020-21 school year. Using a computer device is essential.
Mr. Buchanan will be reaching out soon with more specific details on the preparations for returning to school. The district will also offer a series of webinars for parents to understand how the launch of school and distance learning will look.
Please sign up for the San Altos Elementary Class Dojo communication platform. It is how we will communicate with you in the 2020-21 school year!