NOTICE INVITING INTERESTED CONTRACTORS
TO BE INCLUDED ON THE LEMON GROVE SCHOOL DISTRICT'S
CUPCCAA INFORMAL BID LIST
The Lemon Grove School District has elected to become subject to the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Procedures. The District is inviting all licensed contractors to submit information for inclusion on the District's list of “qualified” bidders.
Per California Contract Code 22032, any Public Works Project that is estimated to be below $200,000 is subject to the Informal Bidding Procedures set forth by the State of California Uniform Construction Cost Accounting Commission. All trade categories are subject to Informal Bidding Procedures.
- Public projects of $60,000 or less may be performed by negotiated contract or by purchase order (PCC 22032(a)).
- Public projects of $200,000 or less may be let to contract by the informal bidding procedures (PCC 22032(b)).
- Public projects of more than $200,000 shall be let to contract by formal bidding procedures (PCC 22032(c)).
Contractors that are interested in being on the Informal Bidding Contractors List are required to have a current license and are subject to verification through the Contractors State License Board.
Additionally, pursuant to SB 854, no contractor or subcontractor may be listed on a bid for public works project (submitted on or after March 1, 2015) unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) and no contractor or subcontractor may be awarded a contract for public works project (awarded on or after April 1, 2015) unless registered with the DIR per California Labor Code section 1725.5. http://www.dir.ca.gov/Public-Works/PublicWorks.html
This notice requires contractors to provide the following information. Contractor Registration Forms.
- Company name
- Contact name and mailing address
- Contact phone number, fax number, and email address
- Type of work contractor is interested in performing
- Type of work contractor is licensed to perform
- Contractor's license class and number & expiration date
- DIR registration number & expiration date
The Lemon Grove School District may create a new contractors list effective January 1st of each year and may include any contractor's name it desires on the contractors list, but shall include, at a minimum, all contractors who have properly provided the Lemon Grove School District with the required information, either during the calendar year in which the list is valid or during November or December of the prior year. The list will automatically include all contractors who submitted one or more bids to the School District during the preceding calendar year. A contractor may have their firm added to the School District's contractors list at any time by providing the required information in the Contractor Registration Forms above. For more information, call (619) 825-5605.
Information should be sent to:
Kathy Osborn, 2875 Skyline Dr., Lemon Grove, CA 91945