Ways You Can Help
We need your support to implement changes in our school environment. Here are some things you can do to support us:
- Support the "no cupcake, cake, sugary drink" practice for birthdays and other celebrations at school.
- Promote physical activity after school.
- Provide only healthy snacks (e.g. fruits, vegetables, and nuts) for students during recess and lunch and avoid sending unhealthy, high calorie, high fat items (e.g. chips, candy, sugary drinks, etc...) to school with your child.
- Provide 100% water and avoid sending high calorie beverage items (e.g. sport drinks, sodas, caffeinated beverages, etc...) to school with your child.
- Ensure that your child is eating breakfast everyday at school or home.
- Talk to your child about the importance of eating healthy and being physically active.
To assist families with ideas on what to provide for their child's snack, please use the following chart and resources for your reference.
GUIDANCE FOR PARENTS AND PTA's FOR DONATIONS AND SCHOOL FUNDRAISING
We appreciate and encourage all parents in celebrating their students and contributing to the school community through fundraising. Shown below are some "Need-to-Know" tips to be in compliance with the District's Student Wellness Policy - BP 5030.