Weekly Wellness Tips
Tips for Encouraging Good Mental Health in Children
- Open lines of communication by talking to children about their emotions so that they feel open to sharing their thoughts without feeling judged.
- Build their self-esteem by giving them experiences that help them succeed without fear of failing or judgement.
- Be a good role model for children by setting a good example for dealing with stress or negativity.
- Keep children actively engaged in exercise and social activity to promote positive cognitive and mental health benefits.
- Acknowledge their accomplishment in facing fears.
- Seek professional assistance if children experiences warning signs of mental health problems.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Last Reviewed: May 12, 2019. Accessed: May 6, 2019.
Retrieved from: https://www.cdc.gov/childrensmentalhealth/
National Institute of Mental Health. (2019). Child and Adolescent Mental Health. Accessed: May 6, 2019.