Expanded Learning Program
Program Option 2: Some Expanded Learning After School Enrichment (example: tutoring once a week; music once a week, etc.)
- The before and after school program is funded by the California Department of Education (CDE) through the After School Education & Safety (ASES) grant.
- The program is a 5 day a week program with attendance requirements.
- The program is open to Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade who are enrolled in the Lemon Grove School District.
- The program includes a nutritious meal, homework support, academic, and enrichment activities (i.e. Physical Activity, Visual & Performing Arts, Gardening, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math).
- The program provides a balance of academic support, physical activity, and enrichment activities.
About the Expanded Learning Opportunities Program (ELO-P)
The Expanded Learning Opportunities Program (ELO-P) provides funding for afterschool and summer school enrichment programs for transitional kindergarten through sixth grade. "Expanded learning” means before school, after school, summer, or intersession learning programs that focus on developing the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs and interests of pupils through hands-on, engaging learning experiences. It is the intent of the Legislature that expanded learning programs are pupil-centered, results driven, include community partners, and complement, but do not replicate, learning activities in the regular school day and school year.
Click here to learn more about the Lemon Grove School District Program Plan.
Expanded Learning Program Secretary
619-825-5600 x 2655
Expanded Learning Program Directors
619-825-5600 x 2656
Expanded Learning Program
The Lemon Grove School District prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying, based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, nationality, ethnicity, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, at any district school or school activity.
El distrito escolar de Lemon Grove prohíbe la discriminación, including harassment, intimidation and bullying, based on race, whether real or perceived, color, ancestry, national origin, nationality, ethnicity, identification with an ethnic group, age, religion, parental marital status or parental legal guardianship, disability physical or mental, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender expression; or by association with a person or with a group of persons with one or more of these characteristics, whether real or perceived, in any school of the school district or school event.