* PLEASE SUBMIT ALL TRANSFER REQUESTS TO: [email protected] *
The Priority Window for submitting 2022-2023 student transfer applications was February 1st - April 1st and is now CLOSED
Transfer applications submitted are approved pending available space at the desired school. Should a school receive more transfer requests than there are spaces available, approval will be determined through a random, unbiased selection process to establish the order in which transfers will be approved and to initiate a waiting list. Transfer requests received before the deadline will have priority over transfer requests received after the deadline. However, the order in which transfers are received prior to the deadline has no effect on the approval decision.
|Timeframe for District Response|
While your application is pending, your child must attend school in the district of residence, a charter school, a private school, or other option complying with California compulsory education requirements.
* Important information *
- Transportation will be the responsibility of the parent.
- Falsification of information on a request form shall result in denial of the request or revocation of enrollment already granted.
- While a transfer is pending, the student must remain at school of current attendance until the transfer is approved.
- If you have an approved intra district transfer you must re-enroll your student in the approved school using the online enrollment process.
- Mt Vernon School is a dual immersion school that provides instruction to students in Spanish and English.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted
OUTGOING TRANSFER REQUESTS- Parents/students who live within LGSD and wish to attend a school in another school district must complete the Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit (Form #341-SS) form. This form is then be submitted to LGSD and a signature must be obtained, releasing the student from LGSD, prior to submitting the application to the desired district.
ARTICULATING STUDENTS - Students who live within the district that are articulating from elementary school to middle school must submit a new intradistrict Transfer Request form if they wish to attend a middle school other than the school of residence.
STUDENTS WHO MOVE - If you have moved or plan to move into a new boundary area and wish to have your child remain at his/her current school, you will need to submit an Inter- or intra-district Attendance Permit form for consideration.
PRESCHOOL - Questions regarding preschool should be directed to (619) 825-5720.
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN - Transitional kindergarten will be located at our new Early Childhood Education Center at 8425 Palm Street, Lemon Grove CA 91945
* There are Two Types of Student Transfers *
(Out of district)
(Between schools in the district)
2.) INTRADISTRICT transfers are from one SCHOOL to another SCHOOL within the Lemon Grove School District.