Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee (ICOC)
- March 15, 2023 - 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- April 19, 2023 - 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- September 27, 2023 - 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Application for ICOC (click dropdown arrow to right)
LEMON GROVE SCHOOL DISTRICT
APPLICATION FOR CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
The Governing Board of the Lemon Grove School District is seeking qualified, interested individuals to serve on a committee of community leaders to fill vacancies on the Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee (ICOC) for the facilities bond program. There are currently three vacancies and must be filled by: one member who is a parent or guardian of a student enrolled in the District and active in a parent-teacher organization; one member who is active in a business organization representing the business community located within the District; one member active in a bona fide taxpayers’ organization
Proposition 39 Bond Election
On November 4, 2008, voters residing within the Lemon Grove School District passed Proposition W. Proposition W is a $28.0 million bond measure which authorizes funding for needed repairs, upgrades, and new construction projects to schools within the Lemon Grove School District. Proposition 39 requires a 55% supermajority for approval; this bond was passed by 72.0%.
On November 4, 2014, Lemon Grove School District was successful at the election in obtaining authorization from at least 55% of District voters to issue up to $10.0 million aggregate principal amount of general obligation bonds for the purpose of financing the specific types of school facilities projects set forth in the measure approved by the voters (the “Measure R”).
Establishment of a Citizens’ Oversight Committee
After a bond authorized under Proposition 39 is passed, state law requires that the Lemon Grove School District Governing Board appoint a Citizens’ Oversight Committee to work with the district.
In accordance with Education Code Section 15278(b), the Citizens’ Oversight Committee shall:
- Inform the public concerning the District’s expenditure of bond proceeds;
- review the expenditure reports produced by the District to ensure that bond proceeds were expended only for the purposes set forth in the ballot language;
- Present to the Governing Board of the District, in public session, an annual written report outlining their activities and conclusions regarding the expenditure of bond proceeds.
Appointment of Committee Members
All appointments will be made by the Governing Board from applications submitted to the district.
Time Commitment and Term
Appointees will serve one full three year term and may serve up to three consecutive terms. Regular meetings are held September, March, and April.
Would You be Interested in Serving?
If you wish to serve on this important committee:
- CLICK HERE to review the committee bylaws for more information about the committee’s role and responsibilities.
- CLICK HERE to submit an application to the Superintendent’s office
For additional information regarding the appointment process, please call (619) 825-5609.
Agendas (click dropdown arrow to right)
Minutes (click dropdown to right)
Financials (click dropdown to right)
Annual Reports (click dropdown to right)
Presentations (click dropdown to right)
Audit Reports (click dropdown to right)