2023-2024 Music Program
The Lemon Grove School District has partnered with the James Sepulvado, Cuyamaca College Performing Arts Department, San Diego Winds, and Bertrand's Music to provide students in grades 4th-8th with a music program for the 2023-2024 school year.
CLASS SCHEDULE // HORARIO DE CLASES (1.5 hours each week)
Lemon Grove Academy Middle School - Every Monday // Cada lunes (3:15p - 4:45p)
Monterey Heights - Every Tuesday // Cada martes (3:00p - 4:30p)
San Miguel - Every Tuesday // Cada martes (2:30p - 4:00p)
Vista La Mesa Academy - Every Wednesday // Cada miércoles (1:30p - 3:00p)Lemon Grove Academy Elementary School- Every Thursday // Cada jueves (3:00p - 4:30p)
San Altos - Every Thursday // Cada jueves (3:00p - 4:30p)
Mt. Vernon - Every Friday // Cada viernes (2:40p - 4:10p)
- Students will have the opportunity to select one of the following instruments for the school year:
- flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, percussion (bells and drum pad), & violin.
- To provide the best instruction and learning, we will only allow 15 students per instrument group, per school.
- Please complete the 23/24 Music Waitlist & Interest Form and select the instrument your student is interested in.
- To learn more about each instrument, CLICK HERE
- Who may apply for the music program?
Students who participated in the music program from the 23/24 school year, currently enrolled ELP students, and UPP-identified students.
- When does the interest application close?
Friday, September 1st
- How much does the program cost?
FREE! The music program is free to LGSD students who meet the enrollment eligibility. Families of enrolled students must accept responsibility for caring for their student's instrument.
- Are the instruments expensive?
Yes, each instrument is a high-quality instrument. Some instruments are new and have never been used. Instrument value ranges anywhere from $500 to $1,600. Each instrument carries insurance in the event it is damaged or stolen.
- What happens if a student's instrument is stolen?
Our partners ask, that if an instrument is lost or stolen, please complete a police report and forward the report information to LGSD and the music partners.
- When does LGSD music begin?
The program begins the week of Sep. 18th. Students will begin receiving instruments in October.
- Will LGSD host a music concert again this year?
Yes! The concert will return at the end of the year, the specific date will be announced. Each student's family will receive a designated number of tickets for the concert.
Also! Before winter break, each site will host an intimate recital where students will have the opportunity to showcase what they have learned.